Monday 4 April 2011

Onto the next chapter....

My final weekend as a resident of Paris, done and dusted.
As a little farewell treat the girls took me to my favourite spot in Paris for breakfast. Not quite the traditional French bistro it should be, but Breakfast In America, where I can eat blueberry pancakes until my hearts content. And content it was.

next stop, Musee de l'Orangerie. Because you can never have too much Monet in one single weekend. Monet designed a vestible here as a 'peaceful haven for Parisians'. A white circular room where 'waterlilies' covers the entire walls.
It was completely beautiful. Although not so peaceful as the first Sunday of the month means free museum entry and it was bursting at the seams with tourists!
To finish off the day, we finished as we have finished every other Sunday. Dinner and a movie. The American way, just for Maggie!

And so onto the next chapter. I head to Zurich this Saturday to meet a family who I will be nannying for this September, then I come back to Paris on Tuesday to collect my suitcase and have dinner with Muriel, my hostmum, spend the night in my bed here and then Wednesday, it's down to Cannes to be an au pair for 3 girls aged 10, 11 and 12. This could be a challenge. I'll keep you posted.

I have had the best time in Paris. Granted, I have worked extremely hard and if there is anything being an au pair for a 12 month old baby has taught me, it's that I am definitely not ready for kids just yet - sorry Mum!
I hate to admit it, but I am just to selfish. I like to sleep way to much.  But that doesn't mean I won't miss Yann and the girls. The Ramin's have been nothing but great to me and I will miss them so much. But too much as I have already planned a date at the end of May to come back and stay!

And my stay wouldn't have been half as amazing as it was if it wasn't for my friends here. I have made a fair few friends here who are all great, but the two people that really made it were Maggie and Ashleigh. It's so rare to find people who like exactly the same things as you and are on the same wavelength as you. And I was lucky enough to find two of them, right here in Paris. And they speak English which is  HUGE bonus!
We have done some incredible things here, if someone told me three months ago that now I would have done the things I have done I would have told them to sod off and told them they were crazy. Ice skating on the Eiffel Tower, riding a hot air balloon, weekend trips to other European countries, and of course eating my own body weight in Macarons to name just a few.
I will miss the girls so much. Although, I am lucky enough to receive a visit from them in Cannes in two weeks time! And I will of course be back for Maggies birthday!

And so to leave my final Parisian post on a high I am going to leave you with a large number of photos of the good times..... And they have been good. Really damn good. Paris, je t'taime.















No comments:

Post a Comment