Wednesday 4 May 2011

Wednesday?

I have been so used to my Wednesday being filled with nappy changing, trips to the park, making chocolate crispy cakes, painting pretty pictures, playdoh..... and so on and so on.

Well Wednesdays here are slightly different.

Please remember that my children here are almost teenagers and so today was almost surreal. Childcare??

I began my day by taking the girls out shoe shopping.... Slightly enjoyable. Then the rest of the day consisted of watching 'Confessions of a Shopaholic', discussing if Chris Brown really hit Rhianna and why he did it, contemplating whats better - leg waxing or hair removal cream, deciding on hair removal cream being the better option and putting this into practice and then a manicure to round off the day.

And inevitably, there were a few full blown arguements between sisters. Complete with the oh so familiar phrase 'You don't understand me', 'It's my life' and a door slam or two for good measure.

The scariest part? I remember being exactly that way. And as I settled down with my reflective cup of tea at the end of the day and I felt a little sorry for my poor Mother, who was put through all that hecticness..... by me. Sorry Mum. Never will I slam a door again.

Don't get me wrong, I had a lovely day, I absolutely adore the girls, it was just a MASSIVE change from the Wednesdays I am used too.

And now I prepare for tomorrow - Lesson one of my new French class. Lets hope I can remember a word or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment