Sunday 12 June 2011

Perfume.

Slacking again, I know. I apologise. Ashleigh even emailed me to ask when I was going to update and I was still alive? Well, thankfully I am.
Due to a slight lack of funds, days have been spent in the sunshine here (except for the odd thunderstorm) which has been great, as every cent I earn has gone straight into the Benicassim fund. Yes I am going to BENICASSIM. And super excited about it too. I will be meeting Laura in Barcelona next month for 9 wonderful days in Spain, before returning to France to spend a week with Aimee in Lacanau. Fabulous.

So last weekend, the hostfamily and I headed up to Val d'Allos in the Alps for the long weekend as they have a chalet there. It was beautiful. Although not as warm as down here on the coast!

The days were spent hiking up the mountains and on one of the days we hiked right to the top to see the Lac d'Allos - Europes largest, natural, high altitude lake. A bit of a trek but well worth it.
The evenings were spent in front of an open fire with a mug of hot chocolate and a film. Perfection.





Anyway, back to home... Last Friday I felt inspired by the words of my late next door neighbour, Christian Dior (yes, it's true)
"A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting"

I am a huge fan of perfume, I love the stuff. And living in the perfume capital of the world, it seemed wrong to not drive the 20 minutes down the road to the museums and factories in Grasse. And so Lotte and I went, and it was fantastic.
The highlight? A sensory room with large screens with moving images of distinctive smelling things... lavender, melon, the sea, a field of flowers... lying on beanbags, you watching the film and the entire room filled with the accompanying smell.



It was so wonderful that I took my girlies this weekend to see it, and they loved it just as much.
We had a day of perfume followed by an evening of bowling and nutella crepes. Girly heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment